Vertical Rollerskating


Message 3702 (19. Oct. 2007 08:49) (All next previous)

joe90 (videos by joe90) (pictures by joe90)
Brian Wainwright, one more try
: : Oh, forgot to express how f'n amazing Brain's skating is. Even in my prime I could not get near his style or skill. Claudine....grind=trucks, stahl=plate. : )
: Normally grinds are movements on trucks, but I would also guess you'd call a movement on metal plates like this from Rollergirl a grind. I have always the imagination that a grind is a movement metal on metal (or stone), but I am not a native speaker of the English language so I could be horribly wrong. Slides are movements with plastic. Stalls can be done on either axles or plates. There is just no movement.

Hey guys I rekon it's based on the skateboard terminology were a grind is on the trucks even if you have plastic copers on and a boardslide is across the guts of the board/skate even if your running alloy rails. Stalls are just that, however terms like 5/0,rock'n'roll and disaster are also used for different techniqs.Even inliners call sideways moving slides slides and forward ones grinds from memory.
anyhoo I hope I have'nt confused you more.

cheers joe
  Write reply


  • claudine: Brian Wainwright (18. Oct. 2007 04:49)
  • Go to the Vert-Skating-forum