Vertical Rollerskating


Message 3705 (19. Oct. 2007 17:46) (All next previous)

claudine (videos by claudine) (pictures by claudine)
Brian Wainwright, one more try
Yes, I'm more confused now! I thought:

grinds = "move";
stalls= "still";
slides = "(move+ plastic)"

(Programming humor hahahaha!) So grinds and stalls for me isnt so aparent via photo. With inliners, they are so big on terminology, a new name for every little movement. I guess being so dispursed and few, we have more freedom to be creative and not follow a set list of predefined tricks. Well, glad this came up cause now I can tease the inliners that they dont grind, only SLIDE, lol!

: : Hey guys I rekon it's based on the skateboard terminology were a grind is on the trucks even if you have plastic copers on and a boardslide is across the guts of the board/skate even if your running alloy rails. Stalls are just that, however terms like 5/0,rock'n'roll and disaster are also used for different techniqs.
: Yup, that's probably the source where I get my undertandings of trick naming from.
: : Even inliners call sideways moving slides slides and forward ones grinds from memory.
: The inliners I know call all their moves grinds. I usually tease them by telling them that they can't possibly do any grinds but "only" slides. ;-)
: : anyhoo I hope I have'nt confused you more.
: I find this whole subject of trick naming rather interesting. I guess it isn't so well developed with the roller skaters because we are so few.
  Write reply


  • claudine: Brian Wainwright (18. Oct. 2007 04:49)
  • Go to the Vert-Skating-forum